Let me share our Bible sharing this afternoon. The Text is Isaiah 6:1-8.
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”
And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!”
Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.”
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
Obedience – Complying to the command and expectations of someone who is in higher authority.
Levels of Obedience:
- Against the will
- In what level of obedience are you in?
- Do you think all of these three (levels of obedience) are acceptable to God?
- Do you think the first two can be used by God for His purposes?
- In God’s standard, are the first two can be called obedience?
- Are you obeying God now?
Sequence of events leading to obedience
- Seeing the Majesty of God, or receiving the Revelation of God. vv. 1-3
- Humility before God/Self-analysis before God. vv. 4-5
- Receiving God’s cleansing and forgiveness. vv. 6-7
- All of these three are necessary to have a whole-hearted obedience.
- Obedience that is not whole-hearted could indicate a weakness in any of these three.